The Marvel Cinematic Universe is a multimedia superhero franchise that began in 2008 with Paramount's Iron Man starring Robert Downey Jr. The franchise quickly grew in popularity, with Disney eventually buying out Marvel Entertainment in 2009. The MCU consists of dozens of movies and TV shows, most notably Avengers: Endgame, WandaVision, and Loki.
- Created by
- Kevin Feige
- First Film
- Iron Man
- Upcoming Films
- The Marvels , Deadpool 3 , Captain America: Brave New World , Marvel's Thunderbolts , Blade (2025) , Marvel's Fantastic Four , Avengers: The Kang Dynasty , Avengers: Secret Wars
- First TV Show
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Upcoming TV Shows
- Marvel's Echo , Agatha: Coven of Chaos , Ironheart , Daredevil: Born Again , Wakanda , Spider-Man: Freshman Year , Marvel Zombies , Wonder Man , Vision Quest
- Robert Downey Jr. , Chris Evans , Scarlett Johansson , Samuel L. Jackson , Jeremy Renner , Chris Hemsworth , Mark Ruffalo , Edward Norton , Paul Rudd , Tom Holland , Tom Hiddleston , Anthony Mackie , Cobie Smulders , Brie Larson , Chadwick Boseman , Sebastian Stan , Chris Pratt , Dave Bautista , Zoe Saldana , Bradley Cooper , Vin Diesel , Pom Klementieff , Josh Brolin , Karen Gillan , Clark Gregg , Paul Bettany , Don Cheadle , Benedict Cumberbatch , Evangeline Lilly , Simu Liu , Aaron Taylor-Johnson , Angelina Jolie , Kit Harington , Salma Hayek , Richard Madden , Barry Keoghan , Gemma Chan , Ma Dong-seok , Brian Tyree Henry , Kumail Nanjiani , Lauren Ridloff , Lia McHugh , Jonathan Majors
- TV Show(s)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. , Agent Carter , Inhumans , WandaVision , The Falcon and the Winter Soldier , Loki , What If...? , Hawkeye , Moon Knight , Ms. Marvel , She-Hulk: Attorney at Law , Secret Invasion
- Iron Man , The Incredible Hulk , Iron Man 2 , Thor , Captain America: The First Avenger , The Avengers , Iron Man 3 , Thor: The Dark World , Captain America: The Winter Soldier , Guardians of the Galaxy , Avengers: Age of Ultron , Ant-Man , Captain America: Civil War , Doctor Strange , Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 , Spider-Man: Homecoming , Thor: Ragnarok , Black Panther , Avengers: Infinity War , Ant-Man and the Wasp , Captain Marvel , Avengers: Endgame , Spider-Man: Far From Home , Black Widow , Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings , Eternals , Spider-Man: No Way Home , Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness , Thor: Love and Thunder , Black Panther: Wakanda Forever , Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania , Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Loki season 2 producer Kevin Wright reveals that the season has a snake eating its own tail structure, which is a big clue on how it may end.
The MCU was lacking more interactions between heroes in Avengers Tower, and a new Captain America, Iron Man, and Spider-Man video makes that clear.
Exclusive: Director Dan DeLeeuw teases that Loki season 2 has yet to show the "definitive" version of Kang as one variant nears his premiere.
A new theory suggests that Marvel Studios may introduce a powerful and unexpected replacement for the Infinity Stones in 2023's upcoming The Marvels.
Recent speculation suggests that the MCU may be rebooting following Avengers: Secret Wars, which could be great news for the MCU's upcoming X-Men.
Loki season 2 is setting up a great solution to the MCU’s Kang problem, with a surprising character possibly leading to his defeat in Avengers 6.
Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania fell short of expectations, and Marvel Studios was reportedly shocked by the movie's negative reviews.
Spider-Man: No Way Home featured several iconic multiverse villains, but the movie was blocked from using the one foe it originally planned to use.
Loki writer has revealed that Marvel Studios stopped certain characters from appearing in the Phase 5 series, continuing an MCU problem from 2014.
With the X-Men set to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the not-so-distant future, a forgotten Marvel team's return gets even harder.
After two years, Marvel Studios finally gives back Loki his most interesting character, and it's good news for the MCU Multiverse Saga's future.
Black Panther's early museum heist scene featuring Klaue and Erik Killmonger has been deconstructed by art thief experts who called in inaccurate.
Avengers: Endgame's handling of Thanos has effectively killed off any chance of bringing the Mad Titan back into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
While Iron Man might be gone, Tony Stark's legacy lives on, and the Avenger's MCU replacement dons an exciting super suit in a stunning fan poster.
Though the Infinity Saga and Thanos' reign are over, there is a way for him to return beyond Phase 6 thanks to a recent MCU twist reveal.
Captain Marvel and Jessica Jones are both major MCU characters, but they both could have made their debuts much sooner than they did.
New fan art imagins a potential storyline for Marvel Studios' rumored Thor 5, which would see Thor and Loki reunite in the MCU's future.
One of Loki's powers has been upgraded in Loki season 2, episode 2, elevating his sorcerer abilities to an even higher level in the MCU.